Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On A Quest














For Christmas Brock received a Boogie Board and a Kite. On Sunday night Mark decided that we should spend Australia day at the beach and put them to some use. After convincing Mark that going anywhere near a highway to either coast on Australia Day was not a wise move, we settled on a shorter trip to Redcliffe, that way we avoid the highways which would be packed and if it was too crowded it wouldn't be too far to just turn around and come home.

There weren't as many people as i thought there would be and Brock loved trying out his new board.











After finding out that the lady swimming near us was stung by a blue bottle we moved on to the pool area which included a loooong walk/waddle in the sweltering heat. Luckily Brock doesn't mind walking and never complains and I think I did pretty good too considering I am now at about 36wks (Driving there was not an option as traffic/parking was mayhem by this time). We had to go all the way to the other side of that headland that is in the top left photo up there^^^^.
Which brings me to my Quest - with all the Aussie paraphernalia on display I thought I would amuse myself by trying to capture some images that reflected the spirit of the day. This is just a few of the many photos that I took ..... Flags, Meat pies, Beach Cricket, surf life savers and stinking hot weather:

















A few more of these warnings along the beach would have been appreciated:


















We Did try to fly the kite but we looked pretty ridiculous as neither Mark or I knew what we were doing and a preggo chick running/waddling up the beach trailing bits of string and a brightly coloured tarp was a pretty funny sight ..... so alas NO photos of that (maybe next time when there are less people and my tummy is a little less occupied).

Then home to backyard cricket, cold ice blocks in the kiddy pool and pizza for dinner!






























So Did our Boy have FUN...?
I think this face says it all:

1 comment:

chrisw said...

aww love that smile..just gorgeous..Hope all is well honeyxxlove and hugs chris