Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sooooo.....

I have done an experiment that actually turned out OK!
I am pretty tired of looking at all the blank walls around the house, I have so many ideas of what I want to hang on them but the shops are just not producing what my head is imagining! I confess that it has been quite a few years since I had done a canvas and the old dark moody tattoo inspired ones produced in my teens just aren't doin 'it for me anymore.

While working on a much larger one I thought I would give an old transfer technique a go. So I dug out these 6 little canvases that i have had stashed away for years and wouldn't ya know ..... it bloody worked!!!! I loved them so much I even made the frame all by myself (well Heath did help a bit) It is not perfect by any means but I'll just label it shabby chic and that will make it acceptable ;-) . I also used a metallic paint so in the right light they really shine. Now I have so many ideas I can't wait to start some more!





Butterfly images from internet and flourishes by Rhonna Farrer.


2 comments:

amanda73 said...

wow, wow, wow...amazing vix..you should make these and sell them...i will be first in line to buy some

chrisw said...

wow that looks fabulous Vix you clever little cookie